Introduction to Connect Daily 4.0.0
Connect Daily is a web based calendar system. The software is installed on one computer and allows multiple users on a network to add and edit calendar events using a web browser. If the computer is accessible from the internet then people can view and edit those calendars over the internet. The calendar display can be directly integrated into your web site. Connect Daily provides advanced capabilities for managing resources and facilities. The permission system allows many users to edit calendars with the assurance that all items added are approved. Connect Daily is ideal for:
- Resource Scheduling
- Audio Visual Equipment
- Class Rooms
- Conference Rooms
- Ball Fields
- Corporate Events Calendar
- Training Calendars
- Parks and Recreation Calendars
- Church Calendars
- School Calendars
- Municipal and Community Events Calendars
Some of the features Connect Daily includes are:
- Unlimited Calendars
- Unlimited Items per Calendar
- RSS 2.0 Event Export
- Time Zone Support
- User-defined Custom Fields
- iCalendar, RSS, and CSV Import/Export
- Ticketing System Support
- Customizable appearance, including colors, fonts, page headers, and page footers. Per item colors for all events.
- 24 hour (Military) or AM/PM formats supported.
- Advanced calendaring engine handles almost all types of event recurrence.
- Calendars can be combined to make composite calendars. Any calendar can belong to any number of composite calendars.
- Resource utilization planning with conflict checking, approvals and Resource planner view chart views.
- User level security.
- High performance. Where possible, web pages are compressed prior to being sent to the browser. This gives users the maximum possible speed when editing the calendar.
Advanced recurring event scheduling types include:
- Weekly events (e.g. every Wednesday)
- Monthly Events
- the 2nd Tuesday of each month
- every other Thursday
- the last weekday of each month
- every other day
- Annual Events
- the 4th Thursday of November
- Day 25 of December
- 1st Weekday of March, June, September and December
- One time events (12/16/2003-12/22/2003)
- Specific dates (Any set of arbitrary dates).
In addition to the standard recurrence features that you find in many calendars, Connect Daily allows you to specify exception dates. For example, your choir group practices every Wednesday night. The choir will not practice on 12/25/2002, and 01/01/2003 because they are Christmas and New Year's Day respectively. Exceptions are a powerful feature that makes your recurring event calendar more accurate.