Configuring Windows Integrated Authentication
If you are running Connect Daily under Microsoft IIS, you can configure it to use Windows Integrated Authentication. This means that it will not be necessary for users to login to the calendar. Note that for this to work, your browser must also support Windows Integrated Authentication. To configure Windows Integrated Authentication, follow these steps:
- Login to Connect Daily and add a user account with the same name as a Windows user account. Ensure this account is a member of the default user group Admins.
- Follow the steps for Integrating Connect Daily with Microsoft IIS.
- Using notepad, edit the file TCBase\conf\server.xml. Change the line:
<Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" />
<Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" tomcatAuthentication="false" />
Remove the line:
<Connector port="8080" />
- In Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, right click on the jakarta virtual directory and choose Properties. Select the Directory Security tab, and click on the Edit button in the "Authentication and Access Control" section. Uncheck "Enable anonymous access", and check "Integrated Windows authentication".
- Add a line to the cdaily-4.0.4/WEB-INF/configuration.properties that specifies the Container authentication provider:
Restart the Connect Daily service.
See Also: Automatically Creating Users