Connect Daily has support for Jewish religious observances. For information, refer to the help topic Import Holidays.
If you need candle lighting times or support for additional years, a good source is http://www.hebcal.com/.
To bring events from this site into Connect Daily, follow the steps below. It may be helpful to print this topic, and check the steps off as you work.
- Go to the site http://www.hebcal.com/.
- Click on the button Customize your calendar near the top of the page in the left-most column.
- Set the year, and month as desired. We recommend setting the month for " - Entire Year - ".
- If you want candle lighting times, enter your zip code. In the candle lighting times section.
- If you don't want Havdalah times enter 0 in the box for Havdalah minutes past sundown.
- Check the appropriate options in the Include Events and Other Options sections.
- Click on the button Create Calendar. You should now see a generated calendar.
- At the top of the generated calendar page, click on the Download button.
- Click on Apple iCal (Mac OS X) , then click on the Download button. Save the file to your desktop. Name the file something like HolidaysYYYY.ics
- Now, login to Connect Daily as an Administrator.
- From the menu, choose View | Import | Import ICal File
- Select the calendar to bring the events into. Set the default type for the new events.
- Leave Import Event Times? checked.
- Leave URL blank, and click on the browse button for File Name. Select the file you created above.
- Finally, click on the import button.
You'll see a bunch of messages about things that were ignored, and then the number of events that were imported.
When you go to view calendar, you should now see your events.
Removing the Holidays From Your Calendar
Return to the iCal Import screen; choose View | Import | Import ICal File from the menu. Scroll to the bottom of the screen to the undo block. Click on the Undo Last Import button.