Allowing the Public to Add Events
Connect Daily can be configured to let the general public add events to the calendar without logging in.
To allow the public to add events:
- Click on Home, and then click on the link to "Setup Public Calendar Viewing". Check the option "Can the public add events to the calendar?".
- If desired, use the Change Header screen to generate a new header with a link to the create event screen. If you don't do this, users will still be able to use the Add Event icon on the calendar display.
- If you want to customize the instructions displayed on this page, copy the file instructions/<language>/EditItemInstructions.html to instructions/<language>/EditItemInstructions.html.custom. Make the customizations as desired and upload the file. Repeat this process for the file instructions/<language>/EditItemHeading.html.
Keep these things in mind when allowing the public to create events.
- The approval status for newly added events will follow the normal rules. In other words, if there are no Approvers assigned for the calendar, then events will automatically be approved. If Approvers are assigned, the Approvers for the selected calendar will receive the Notification that the event was added.
- You should set the configuration option so that only approved events are displayed. This will keep the events off the calendar until an Approver reviews them. Refer to the topic How can I show only approved events?
- The list of available calendars to use will be those calendars the GUEST User has the User or group can add events to this calendar permission for. Refer to the help topic Permissions for Anonymous Users (Permissions for Anonymous Users, User Preferences).
- The list of available Event types will be those the GUEST User has Use this event type for events permission for.
If you want to customize the create event screen, copy the file WEB-INF/misc/publicAdd.jsp to the top-level directory. You can then edit that file to customize the appearance.