Upgrading Connect Daily Web Calendar Software
This topic contains detailed instructions on how to upgrade your installation of Connect Daily from version 3.4.x to version 4.0.5.
If you are upgrading from version 3.4.x or earlier to 4.0.5 please refer to Upgrading from version 3.4.x to 4.0.5.
Instructions for Default Windows Installations
If you used the Connect Daily downloader, then you should follow these steps to upgrade. If you are using a different engine, or OS, then skip to the "Generic Application Server Instructions".
- Run the Connect Daily downloader.
- Install the new version of Connect Daily using the downloader.
- Copy any customized CSS or header files from the old \Program Files\Connect Daily\cdaily-x.x.x directory to the new cdaily-4.0.x directory.
Generic Application Server Instructions
- Stop your application server.
- Make a copy of the WEB-INF\configuration.properties file and WEB-INF\styles.properties files.
- Backup any custom EMail templates or caption translation files you have created.
- Remove the existing calendar application directory.
- Extract the zip or WAR file containing Connect Daily into the appropriate directory for your application server.
- Copy the configuration.properties file you saved in step 2 to the WEB-INF directory.
- If you copied your database JDBC driver JARs into the WEB-INF/lib directory, recopy them to the WEB-INF/lib.
- If you are using your own translated caption files, refer to the Installation Guide and User manual for instructions on how to ensure you have all captions in your file.
- Restart your application server.